1. Our biggest news of 2017 was me having the opportunity to make the transition as a full time photographer. Everything that we were doing had led us as a family to allow me to run my company and chase my dreams. When I say I couldn’t have done this with out every ounce of support from my family, friends, and clients I mean I really could not have done this without you. Every share, like, comment not only makes me smile (ok, squeal a little) but it connects me to others; and for that I am truly grateful.
2. Shooting a wedding outside of Fort Myers (again). Back in 2012 we found ourselves in Grand Rapids, Michigan shooting a beautiful wedding. This year we traveled to St. Pete to photograph the perfect wedding of Kim and Tommy. We laughed and felt so welcomed to be apart of their day. It’s always inspiring to see a new venue! While this wasn’t the only wedding we shot, the traveling was fun 🙂
3. Shooting a pregnancy announcement! This next one was really on my bucket list. I was contacted for a family group session a few months prior. A day before our session I was let in on the secret that their was going to be a very special announcement to the grandparents! While I plan on writing a full post about this, I just had to include it here!
4. Taking an epic road trip that also included an engagement session in Roanoke, VA. I started blogging our 4,200 mile journey here and I fully blame Hurricane Irma on why I didn’t write part 2 and 3. But we had an amazing trip and our children did so well despite all of the miles!!
Raspberry picking in Michigan
Family photos in Virginia
I’m pretty sure shooting in the mountains would never get old. Just sayin’
5. Shooting a styled shoot with really pretty models, and an awesome team! This is something that I wanted to do for a long time, and with the help of this team they helped me create something really wonderful. Complete with a truly epic video!
6. We moved from our home that both of our babies had (so far) grown up in. Don’t mind the cell phone shot for this one, we were at the end of a school year, and moving with two small children 🙂
7. And last, but certainly not least, my clients who have become my friends. Some of you have been with me from the beginning and some were new this year, but each and every one of you I am so grateful for. I have shot tens of thousands of images this year, and have been welcomed into your personal stories of engagements, weddings, newborns, families and small business owners and I couldn’t be more happy every time I get the opportunity to be just a small part in your very beautiful journey. Cheers to 2018. May you have much to celebrate and be surrounded by those you love the most.